Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Crochet Club

At my daughter's school, I run a crochet club 2 lunchtimes a week. At first I was overwhelmed with the amount of kids wanting to learn. 23 boys and girls turned up on the first day. Now, after 4 weeks, my Monday group is down to 3 boys.  Today I'll find out how many girls I'll have.
It might sound a bit mean, but I'm SO glad that so many kids dropped out. I love teaching them, but I really found it hard with the larger groups. The boys have mastered the chain stitch (finally) and we are starting the single crochet stitch.
I was so surprised when I discovered my most devoted students were the boys. They turned up for week 2 telling me how they had dragged their mums down to Big W to pick a hook and wool to practice with at home. I also had a younger boy yesterday who joined in and nailed in one session, what I had been teaching the others for a month.
I'm excited about this group I'm running. I just hope the girls turn out to be as committed as the boys are. Wish me luck, my school day starts now!
Meghann :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment